Epson launches high-end EH-LS12000B 4K home projector
COVID has spurred demand for large-screen TVs and projectors capable of creating a home theater experience.
To respond to this, Epson has launched its most advanced home cinema projector to date in Australia – the EH-LS12000B 4K PRO-UHD laser projector that I was able to see in action yesterday displaying demo content from the 1917 and Godzilla vs Kong movies as well as the game Assassin’s Creed.
Of course Epson chose some video content that would show off their projector’s capabilities, so I can’t say what free TV, Netflix, etc. looked like, but what I saw was pretty impressive as the projector easily handled the fast-paced action in Godzilla vs. Kong, demonstrated good frame interpolation when panning in 1917, and showed that low-latency play was also possible.
Most Aussies, myself included, don’t have the budget or the dedicated headroom to have a home theater room, but it’s good to know what cutting-edge technology offers because in a few years time the same technology will be available at a more affordable price for the majority of people.
Incorporating an all-new laser array light source, image enhancement and processing algorithms, expanded HDR10+ and HDMI 2.1 support, and real-time scene adaptive correction, the EH-LS12000B produces exceptional brightness, color accuracy and picture detail for a 4K viewing experience or immersive gaming without having a traditional flat screen TV, a massive glass panel takes up space in your viewing room.
The long laser engine life of up to 20,000 hours at 100% light output provides virtually worry-free operation for many years. There’s also no waiting for the projector to warm up or cool down, as the projector hits maximum brightness and shuts off almost immediately.
To simplify installation, you can precisely move the lens up to +/- 96% vertically and up to +/- 47% horizontally without any loss of image distortion or clarity thanks to the motorized lens 3-axis of the EH-LS12000B.
- 4K PRO-UHD Advanced pixel-shifting technology works in parallel with three individual high-definition LCD chips to produce an exceptionally sharp 4K image reaching up to 8.3 million pixels and displaying 3840 x 2160 resolution on screen without sacrificing screen brightness. picture
- Laser matrix light source – provides up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free operation, with the added benefits of higher image contrast and instant on/off
- Epson image processor– Epson’s most advanced video processing technology to date, the proprietary 32-bit Epson Image Processor handles real-time color, contrast, HDR, frame interpolation and image enhancement. resolution to faithfully reproduce the source material as it was intended to be displayed
- High image brightness – Impressive 2,700 lumens of color and 2,700 lumens of white brightness for an exceptional picture in virtually any home theater environment – even in rooms with ambient light
- Lens shift – Thanks to this innovative technology, the projector does not need to be placed directly in front of the screen. This is handy where there may be light fixtures or ceiling fans that cannot be moved
- True 3-chip 3LCD projector engine– Advanced 3LCD technology uses three individual LCD chips to continuously display 100% RGB color signal for each frame; this allows for exceptional color gamut while maintaining excellent brightness without any rainbowing or color brightness issues seen with other projection technologies
- Impressive HDR – Full 10-bit HDR color processing accepting 100% HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR, HDR10+ and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) content for exceptional visual performance; real-time HDR curve adjustment allows 16 stages of control to fine-tune HDR performance regardless of content
- Great for games – Gaming up to 4K at 120fps, along with sub-20ms input latency times, lets serious gamers take full advantage of the latest generation of gaming consoles and even high-end gaming PCs range
The Epson EH-LS12000B 4K PRO-UHD Laser Projector is available now for $8,999 from authorized Epson resellers across Australia.
|WHAT’S IN THE BOX||EH-LS12000B projector, 3m power cable, remote control, 2 batteries, cable cover, user guide, QR code sheet|
|Projection system||3 LCDs|
|LCD screen||0.74 inch panel|
|Light source||laser diode|
|Color light output||2,700 lumens|
|White light output||2,700 lumens|
|Resolution||4K (1920x1080x4). 4K resolution enhancement technology shifts every pixel to produce an on-screen image, up to the stated specification|
|Native image format||16:09|
|Color reproduction||Up to 1.07 billion colors|
|Color processing||10 bit (12 bit image processing)|
|Keystone correction||Vertical: -30 to +30 degrees|
|Horizontal: -30 to +30 degrees|
|Lens shift (powered)||Yes|
|Zoom ratio||1 – 2.1 (optical)|
|Screen size||50″ to 300″ (16:9) [148cm to 908cm]|
|Projection distance (measured from the end of the unit to the projection screen)||Screen 100″ (16:9) – 3.0 – 6.3m|
|Throw report||1.35 (zoom: wide)|
|2.84 (zoom: tele)|
|Lens F number||2.0 – 3.0|
|Lens focal length||22.5mm – 46.7mm|
|Input: Digital||2 x HDMI (HDCP2.3) (HDMI2 supports eARC/ARC)|
|Input: Opt.HDMI||1 USB-A port|
|Input: control||1 RS232c port|
|Network I/O||1x RJ45|
|Triggering||3.5 mm mini jack|
|High Dynamic Range – HDR10, HDR10+||Yes|
|Hybrid Log Gamma–HLG||Yes|
|Advanced image processing||Yes|
|super resolution||Yes (4K compatible)|
|Frame interpolation||Yes (up to 4K 60fps)|
|Automatic contrast enhancement||Yes|
|Scene Adaptive Gamma||Yes|
|Direct power on||Yes|
|Security||Kensington®-style lock layout|
|Color Modes||Dynamic, Bright Cinema, Cinema, Natural, Vivid|
|Dimensions D x W x H (projector with feet)||447×520×192.7mm|
|Net weight (projector)||About. 12.7kg|
|Projector Warranty||3 years|
|Energy consumption: normal||302W|
|Power Consumption: Standby||2.0W|
|Noise level||Normal: 30dB|